The University of Ghana School of Law in partnership with Speech Forces, with support from Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa invites all public and private senior high schools in Ghana to take part in the 3rd edition of the Ghana Secondary Schools Moot Court Competition. The competition will take place on 21stand 22nd of October 2022 in Accra at the University of Ghana campus.
This competition provides a unique opportunity for students to develop their research, writing and oral advocacy skills as they endeavour to come to grips with some of the constitutional issues that are presently facing our country. It aims to create greater awareness in schools and communities in Ghana about the constitution and the values that it embodies through active participation. The aim is also to encourage talented young people to consider pursuing a career in law.
- Participation Confirmation Deadline: 27th September 2022
- Online Information Session: 29th September 2022
- Deadline for memorial submission: Monday 7th October 2022
- Announcement of qualified schools: 11th October 2022
- Preliminary rounds – 21st October 2022
- Grand final – 22nd October 2022
- Top 15 memorial submissions will be invited to take part in the main event in Accra.
- All participating schools may request for a legal mentor in addition to the guide provided to assist in the preparation.
All memorial submissions should be done via email or WhatsApp to Mr. Eric Asamoah Awuah (Competition Coordinator) on firstname.lastname@example.org or 054 721 2562. He is also available to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
If you are a high school teacher/principal interested in getting your students to participate, please fill out the form below and we will reach out to you.
The problem and resources for preparing memorials and oral submissions can be found here.